J.F. Drake State Technical College admits on a first come first served basis all students who meet the established admission criteria.  Admission decisions will be made without regard to the applicant’s race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age. 

The Office of Admissions is the first stop for students who desire to enter the college.  The Office of Admissions processes registration packets which include the application for admittance and the other necessary documents for acceptance into the college.  For a detailed list of steps to complete the enrollment process visit the "Registration Steps Guide" page or refer to a printable version of the Registration Quick Reference.

The Office of Admissions also coordinates the graduation activities as well as requests for transcripts once a student leaves the college.


The transcript policy of the College includes the following:

  1. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA), the College does not release transcripts of a student’s work except upon the student’s written request.
  2. Official transcripts will be accepted when delivered “by hand”. Upon receipt, the transcript must be official and in a sealed envelope. The seal must be unbroken. The College reserves the right to deny hand delivered transcripts if foul play is suspected.
  3. Transcripts are available to former and currently enrolled students; these transcripts do not show the College seal, are marked ISSUED TO STUDENT, and are unofficial transcripts.

  4. Transcript requests will be processed in the order they are received.  Requests should be made at least one week before the transcripts are needed.

  5. All transcripts issued are free.  Transcripts will not be issued for persons who have financial obligations to the College.

  6. The Admissions Office does not issue or reproduce transcripts from other institutions. Request for transcripts or work taken at other institutions must be directed to the institution concerned.


Students are admitted at the beginning of each of the three academic semesters in all programs.   The Fall Semester begins in August, the Spring Semester in January and the Summer Semester in May.  All new students should check with the Admissions Office for specific dates in that they vary from year to year.  New students must submit all applications and credentials for admissions to the Office of Admissions, at least three (3) weeks prior to the registration date.


Students who wish to change to another program of study must obtain permission from the College Counselor.  A change of major form must be completed and submitted to the Admissions Office in order to facilitate the change.  Students may change programs during the drop-add period or at the beginning of the next semester. 


Students who are contemplating withdrawal from school should first consult with the College Counselor. If after meeting with the Counselor the student still wants to withdraw from school, then he/she should use the following procedure:

  1. Obtain a Withdrawal Form from Admissions.
  2. Complete the class withdrawal form, listing all courses as “withdrawal” and obtain the appropriate signatures.

  3. Obtain withdrawal clearance from the Financial Aid Office if applicable.

  4. Submit the completed class withdrawal form to the Office of Admissions.

If the withdrawal from school is prior to the 15th school day, the student may be due a tuition refund (see Refund Policy under the Policies and Procedures section of the catalog).

It is the responsibility of the student to ensure notification of withdrawal is received by the Office of Admissions.  Failure to submit the completed withdrawal form to Admissions may result in a grade of “F” for each course in which the student is registered.

Students who withdraw after the registration period will have each of their courses recorded as “W”.  W’s are not used in grade point calculations.

Any veteran who withdraws from school may be required to repay in full to the Veteran Administration benefits received that semester up to the time of withdrawal.  Any student who receives Financial Assistance should notify the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing from school.

To Contact Admissions, Please call