Transcript Guidelines for Employment

Unofficial Transcripts

  • Unofficial transcripts may include photocopies of official transcripts or transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.”
  • Transcripts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, student’s name, and degree conferral date (if applicable).
  • If you have not attended college, you must submit high school diploma or GED certificate showing that you have graduated.

Official Transcripts

  • After you have been offered the position, you must request official transcripts or international degree evaluations (see below), pay any fees required by the issuing institution(s), and have them mailed directly from the issuing institution to Drake’s Office of Human Resources. Electronic transcripts are accepted only when submitted directly to Human Resources Specialist Katie Chance at
  • You have five days prior to your start date to make official transcripts or degree evaluations available to Human Resources.
  • To qualify as official, transcripts should be issued directly from the institution to an authorized Drake State Community and Technical College Office of Human Resources representative. Transcripts may not read “Issued to Student”.

International Transcripts

If your qualifying degree is from an institution outside the United States, you must submit an international degree evaluation consisting of a course-by-course analysis for that degree as part of the application process. Upon an offer of employment, an official course-by-course analysis should be issued directly from the evaluator to a Drake State Community and Technical College representative authorized to accept transcripts.

If your highest degree in the subject you plan to teach at Drake is from a U.S. institution, an evaluation of any lower-level degrees from international institutions is not required unless needed to set pay level.

The College accepts international degree evaluations only from National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) members. For a complete list of organization members visit

If you have questions, contact the Office of Human Resources at (256) 551-7278.