DrakeMail Acceptable Use Policy
DrakeMail is the official student e-mail system of J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College.
To uphold the quality and reputation of DrakeMail, your use of DrakeMail is subject to these program policies. If you are found to be in violation of these policies at any time, as determined by J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College in its sole discretion, the college may warn you or suspend or terminate your account and take any appropriate legal action.
The use of DrakeMail is a privilege, not a right, and the College maintains the right to limit access. DrakeMail is NOT guaranteed to be private. The College has the right to monitor and track DrakeMail usage and access information stored in any user directory. The College may deny, revoke, or suspend specific user accounts.
It is acceptable to use DrakeMail for purposes relating directly to education, research, professional development, personal communications, and growth.
It is not acceptable to use DrakeMail in such a way as to interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment. DrakeMail resources may not be used in the following manner:
- To generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email ("spam"). Such activity includes, but is not limited to
- Sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law.
- Imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address.
- Sending emails to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list.
- Selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person's knowledge and continued consent to such disclosure.
- Distributing unsolicited advertising.
- Sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship.
- To send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content.
- To intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- To conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like.
- To transmit content that may be harmful to minors.
- To impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email.
- To illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission.
- To use DrakeMail to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- To promote or encourage illegal activity.
- To interfere with other DrakeMail users' enjoyment of the Service.
- To conduct commercial activities and other activities conducted for personal gain.
- To promote religious or political causes or to promote fundraising or lobbying.
- Solicitations not approved by the College.
- Vandalism and mischief that incapacitates, compromises or destroys College resources and/or violates federal and or state laws.
- Violating software copyrights and usage licensing agreements.
- Violating any federal, state, or local law/regulation, or College policy/procedure.