Library User Behavior Policy
All visitors of the S.C. O’Neal Sr. Library and Technology Center are expected to follow J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College’s Student Code of Conduct. All visitors should familiarize themselves with the Code of Conduct.A copy of the Code of Conduct can be provided on request.
In addition to the Code of Conduct, the following guidelines must be observed in the library.Library users are expected to keep noise levels low. Groups working on projects or individuals using audiovisual materials are encouraged to utilize group study rooms so that they may engage in their activities without disturbing other people in the library.
- Cell phones MUST be turned off or muted. ALL cell phone conversations must be held outside the library.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE LIBRARY.
- ABSOLUTELY NO TOBACCO USE IS ALLOWED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY. Tobacco products must be used in the gazebos located near building E or building G.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items that are found will be held at the circulation desk until the first day of each month then disposed of if they are not claimed.
- Children 15 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 16 years of age AT ALL TIMES, unless they are high school students participating in the college’s early enrollment program. Children should NEVER be left unattended. Children are expected to comply with all library policies. Students may not leave their children in the library unattended while they are in class. The library staff is not responsible for the care of children or supervising their use of library materials or facilities. That is the responsibility of the accompanying adult.
Failure to comply with ANY of the rules listed above or J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College’s Code of Conduct may result in:
- Loss of access
- Expulsion from the building
- Disciplinary action by J.F. Drake State Technical College
- Legal action, where applicable
J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College and the S.C. O’Neal, Sr. Library and Technology Center staff reserve the right to change and/or update this policy at any time.