Room Use Policy
The S.C. O’Neal Sr. Library and Technology Center has several rooms that can be reserved for classes, meetings and studying.
Faculty, staff, administration, and students interested in reserving any of the rooms should contact the librarian on duty about scheduling. Community members should contact the college for further information about room reservations. Information required for making a reservation includes:
- Date of Function
- Time of Function
- Room Requested
- Name of Function
- Nature of Function
- Equipment Needed
- Number of Attendees
- Contact Name
- Contact Number
Everyone attending a function agrees to abide by all library policies. Copies of these policies can be provided on request.
ROOM USE GUIDELINES
- Food and Drinks are NOT allowed in any of the rooms.
- Tobacco use is prohibited except in designated areas on campus.
- Noise levels should be kept to a minimum so that other library users are not disturbed. Please be quiet when entering and exiting rooms.
- The person who reserves the room or a designee of this person is responsible for informing the librarian on duty that the function is over.
- The person who reserves the room or a designee of this person must be sure all equipment requested for the function is accounted for before leaving the building.
- Rooms may not be damaged. Please contact the librarian on duty if rooms need to be rearranged to accommodate a function.
- The library does not assume responsibility for personal belongings left in the room.
Failure to comply with this or any library policy may result in:
- Loss of Access
- Disciplinary action by J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College
- Legal action, where applicable
J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College and the S.C. O’Neal Sr. Library and Technology Center staff reserve the right to change and/or update this policy at any time.
Last Updated: June 13, 2006